So, you have found some errors in your employees’ W2 forms. Don’t worry as you can edit W2 form in QuickBooks easily with the help of some easy tips. It can be amended even if you have filled the form with the Social Security Administration (SSA). There comes a situation when you need to make some changes in the amounts on W2 forms. QuickBooks provides some easy tools to allow the users to edit the information in the W2 form.
It’s an easy task to amend the form as some reliable ProAdvisors are providing a real-time help. Dial “quickbooks support phone number” for help to learn how to edit W2 forms in QuickBooks. Let us help you to edit QuickBooks W2 forms and troubleshoot w2 error and problems in QuickBooks. You can contact the technicians for a range of services be it editing or printing W2 forms in QuickBooks. You should never take it for granted as this is the most important and obligatory process that every business has to go through.
Errors in W2 form are never believed to be a good thing for businesses, as the errors cause unnecessary works and penalties. There are so many situations when the process of filling W2 forms goes unproductive. Here are some common situations when you need to learn how to process w2 in QuickBooks to avoid unnecessary glitches:
- Trying to download the W2 form from the official page instead of purchasing the same
- Filling up the form from wrong years
- Filling the form late
- Formatting errors
- Leaving SSN
- Filling up wrong information
But you can overcome all these things if you are using QuickBooks accounting software. It comes featured with a specific tool to edit the form correctly. Here in this post, we have pointed out some important QuickBooks w2 instructions to make you learn how to correct a w2 in QuickBooks online easily and instantly.
QuickBooks allows the users to edit the following QuickBooks w2 incorrect details:
- Incorrect employee name
- Incorrect Employee Identification Number
- Incorrect address details
- Incorrect tax year
- Two W2 forms are generated using the same Employee Identification Number for the same employee
How to edit W2 in QuickBooks:
- Select Process Payroll Forms
- Employees > Payroll Tax Forms & W-2s > Process Payroll Forms
- It will open up the Fill Form tab
- Click Annual Form W-2/W-3 in the Fill Form tab
- Select File Form
- Now you will see the Select Payroll Form
- Here in this form, you can now add or edit the details
- Click Review to make sure you have entered all the accurate details
- Now you can save the changes you have made
If there is an issue in processing the steps mentioned above, then you may avail of Intuit Payroll customer support services to get rid of all types of glitches. Dial a toll-free Quickbooks payroll support phone number for approaching Intuit QuickBooks technical support helpdesk in a real time without any delay.
If you need to adjust an amount in the W2 form in QuickBooks:
- Do a right-click on the Amount and choose Override
- Fill up the field with the accurate amount if there is no amount
- Click Next
- Click on Review and check if you have filled the form correctly
- Now save the details
So, these are the technical procedures that you can use to edit or to create W2 in QuickBooks without any hindrances. You would better find out a reliable ProAdvisor who can help you in a real-time with QuickBooks Payroll support.